samedi 28 juillet 2012

My visit to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia via transit - Rome

If someone had told me earlier in January that I will be in Ethiopia by July, I would have doubted :) My journey to Ethiopia began when the AAU (www.aau.org) announced the 'call for papers' on the Role of Private Universities in Higher Education in Africa. I prepared my paper for the conference without knowing what God had in mind for me - missions to Buyaru !!! I had a wonderful time in Addis Ababa. The people of Ethiopia are very lovely people with rich history and culture. I thank God for all my Ethiopian friends especially Pastor Amanuel, Eskadar and Rahel who made my stay very memorable. Also, to Prof Tedla Haile of ST Mary's University and Monsieur Ashenafi Shiferaw of the French department - Addis Ababa University I say a very big "thank you" for the warm reception they gave to me during my visit to their respective universities. My appreciation goes to Pastor Tosin Macauley and to Prof. Michael Omolewa who linked me up with RCCG Ethiopia. Also, to Rev. Father Jean Joseph FANE, I say a very big 'Merci' for your time that you so kindly shared with me in Rome, only heaven can reward you! I appreciate dearly all those who stood in the gap especially my Mum, the Obaigbona clan and all my beloved brethren and friends. Hebrews 6:10 : For God is not unjust. He will not forget how hard you have worked for him and how you have shown your love to him by caring for other believers, as you still do.

Visit to Ethiopia via Rome from Grace Amara on Vimeo.

NB: Before you visit Addis, please check the weather forecast. Although it was in July (summer), the weather was cold and it rained most of the time.

Aucun commentaire: